How is my personal data protected?nikos.vezanis
The Greek Law on Personal Data Protection (law on the protection of individuals in relation to the processing of personal data concerning them) applies to information about natural persons which are subject to automated processing, including processing via the Internet or e-mail , or with a structured manual configuration.
In line with the requirements of the law and in order to protect the confidentiality of all information provided by the Customer to the Company, the Company has adopted the following principles of privacy:
- The Company collects only information that it deems relevant and required in order to understand the financial needs of the Customer and to conduct its business.
- The Company uses the Customer's data in order to provide better service, services and products.
- The Company may transfer Customer information to other companies or agents or interbank trading systems.
- The Company will not disclose the Customer's details to an external organization except with the Customer's consent or as long as it is obliged to do so by law or has previously informed the Customer.
- The Company may in any case be obliged to disclose information about the Customer to Government or judicial bodies or services or to the competent regulatory authority, but will do so only if those authorities act within the law.
- The Company intends to keep up to date Customer information.
- The Company has strict security systems designed to prevent unauthorized access of anyone, including Company personnel, to Customer data.
- The Company's staff is obliged to comply with the obligations regarding the confidentiality of the Company.
- The data of the client is kept in a form that allows the identification of the subjects for a period not longer than required, according to the Personal Data Protection Authority (the "Authority"), for the purposes for which they were collected or processed. The Data Protection Officer designated by the Controller (ie the Company) is responsible for ensuring compliance with the provisions of this paragraph.
Customer information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation / GDPR
In accordance with Regulation 679/2016 / EU of the European Parliament valid from 25 May 2018 in all European Union States for the protection of personal data (General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR), the Company would like to inform you about its Policy pursued.
TRITON ASSET MANAGEMENT AEDAK is committed to protecting the personal data of individuals against the processing of personal data and to avoid their misuse. This Policy applies to all employees and representatives of the Company, including external partners, and creates a minimum standard for the processing of personal data.
DPO Designation - Data Protection Officer
Any request, question, objection regarding the processing of personal data can be submitted in writing to the internal auditor of the Company in the following ways:
- At the company's offices. Customers can submit their request to the Data Protection Officer (DPO), on business days and hours daily from 9:00 to 17:00.
- Via e-mail. Customers can send their request electronically to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- By post. Sent to:
TRITON ASSET MANAGEMENT AEDAK
Note: Data Protection Officer
Ms. V. Dikou - Internal Auditor For more information you can refer to the detailed Company Policy. link
How can I ensure the succesion of my investments to the next generation?nikos.vezanis
Through a joint account and LAP (Life Asset Portfolio) insurance policies.
Is it easy to withdraw from investment accounts? How easy / difficult is it to access my funds?nikos.vezanis
By submitting a redemption application to Triton, you can liquidate your portfolio and receive your money within 5 working days at the latest.
What is the minimum amount that Triton is willing to manage?nikos.vezanis
From € 500.000 - € 1.000.000, depending on the custodian bank of your preference.
What information will I receive?nikos.vezanis
The intended updates you receive are:
- The investor card with the image of your portfolio that you receive each calendar quarter
- By contacting us, you can receive updates on the status of your portfolio at the frequency of your choice
What is the difference between discretionary and advisory management?nikos.vezanis
In the context of discretionary management, all decisions are made by our portfolio managers based on your investment profile, while in advisory management investment orders are executed only provided the client's consent.
Can I use my Triton portfolio as collateral for a loan?nikos.vezanis
Yes you can. The amount pledged depends on the bank that will grant you the loan.
Can I have joint account holders in my account and up to how many per account? Can my joint account holders be minors?nikos.vezanis
Of course, you can have as many co-beneficiaries as you want, including minors. In the case of minors, a police ID card (if available) will be required, otherwise a copy of the co-beneficiary's birth certificate or certificate of your marital status will be required.
Can I transfer an existing portfolio from another custodian bank to a custodian bank that partners with Triton and start investing with Triton?nikos.vezanis
Yes, you can transfer funds, securities and cash. Please contact us for more details.
Is my account nominal?nikos.vezanis
By law all accounts are nominal at the final investor level.